Textbook for Children's Palliative Care in Africa: The comprehensive new textbook
Children’s Palliative Care in Africa is a new textbook aiming to respond to the enormous and growing need for children’s palliative care services in Africa and other resource-poor settings.
This comprehensive textbook is the first to be written by practitioners working in Africa specifically to meet the palliative care needs of children. It provides practical guidance by improving access to, and delivery of, palliative care in this demanding setting.
Written by a group with wide experience of caring for children with life-limiting illnesses in Africa, and edited by Dr. Justin Amery, the textbook addresses key palliative care themes, which are crucial to expanding the provision of children’s palliative care.
The book is particularly suitable for:
- Those working with children with HIV/AIDS (for whom palliative care should be an essential part of treatment);
- Those working in the adult palliative care sector (many of whom also care for children);
- Those working in other paediatric and child health specialities.
While the book is primarily aimed at health and social care professionals, and is written with sufficient depth to be of use to specialists, its style is accessible for a range of other people concerned and involved in the care and treatment of children with life-limiting illnesses.
Download a copy of the book
The textbook is available below to download free of charge in full or by individual chapters.
- In order to download the book or chapters of the book from this website, you will need to complete the survey below.
- This information will be used by the ICPCN to map the availability of children’s palliative care across the world. This in turn will assist with future planning on how to improve both training and services for children.
- We won’t use your details to contact you nor will we pass them to a third party.
- The survey will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- The textbook is being sold through the Oxford University Press for over $50. We are not trying to sell you a copy on this website, but are giving you the opportunity to download it for FREE. This is because we want to see children’s palliative care develop worldwide.
- Each time you download you will be asked to complete this form.
We hope you find the book a valuable resource and would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation.